Tuesday, January 3, 2012

New savings plan

I just signed up for a new savings plan.  It is called SavingStar and sounds like a pretty good program. I have not used it yet, but have created my account and loaded the coupons.  I have used an Ecoupon program that is linked with my Von's loyalty card, but I seldom buy from there because of the higher cost.  The Saving Star program is connected to loyalty cards.  Here is the interesting thing about this program.  Instead of giving you the cents off at the register, it gives you the savings of the coupon back in the form of either a paypal payment or an Amazon card.  I will post on how this works for me.  At first thought, it sounds pretty good.  However, if I had a printed coupon that the register would take off the price then that would be less money out of pocket.  On the other hand, I am thinking that this would work as an added little benefit from buying items that I would normally purchase and would not have coupons for.  In my area this program has linked to my loyalty cards for Albertson's, CVS, and Riteaid.  For me, those three stores are literally blocks from my house and on the same corner.  I plan to build up a little spending fund for my Amazon budget.

Family is gone skiing for a few days.  I am here taking care of grand son.  I love taking care of the baby, but I do already miss them so much.  Was very hard to sleep last night.  All the strange noises and knowing that no one is in the house.  Also, am cat sitting for son who is on the trip.  His cat made all kind of noises ALL night long.  It is going to be a long few days.

Well, baby is making it known that he is ready for some attention.  Stop back any time.

No comments:

Post a Comment