Sunday, February 26, 2012


I haven't posted in a while, too much other going on in the house.  Today I am sick.  In fact, we left out yesterday morning to go camp and ride in desert, ended up having to have hubby bring me home last evening I was feeling so bad.  May end up going to the clinic this evening.  Want to make sure I don't have anything that can be passed on to the grand baby.

I have been getting a lot of hooking done though.  Since I am feeling so bad, I am just going to run through it all pretty quickly.
This is a beaded crochet scarf that I crocheted for a swap I am doing.  It was a free pattern courtesy of Ravelry, you can find the link at Smooth Fox's.  It was quick and fun and quite easy to make.  I plan on making several more using some school colors for the yarn and beads.

So this is the pot holder from hell.  It is called cathedral window pot holder, click on the name for a link to the free pattern.  The first problem I encountered was the thread.  The pattern calls for #10 cotton thread and a size 4 steel crochet hook to make a pot holder approx. 6 1/2 inches in size.  I used peaches and cream cotton yarn and a size G hook.  The pattern is done with two sides then assembled together.  The first side I finished only to find that it was at least two sections too big in order to lay flat.  Second side I removed the sections and then it came out fine.  I then frogged the first side to make another smaller side to have two matching sides.  The next problem was in the assembly.  I am apparently not at a skill level yet in which to fully understand the directions, it was very awkward to work with, but I forged a head and put it together.  It does not look exactly like the original pattern's photo, but I was proud of it and off it went to my swap partner.  When ever I make anything, I always look it over and decide if it is the quality of work I would like to receive, if it is the quality of work that I would buy.   Meeting both of those requirements, it then passes the test for a finished project.
This is a 12" square made for a swap.   This too is a free pattern, called Different Kinda Granny Square.  The swap partner likes purple so I did it up in a variegated and light purple.

I also made a dish cloth for swap using a free daily pattern from JPF Crochet Club called Waffle Stitch Dishcloth, it was only free that one day I think.  I forgot to take a photo of it, but it turned out nicely and I will making more with that pattern.

The afghan projects are going slow, but progressing.  I am almost finished with the Longhorn afghan, hope to finish it  up this week.  Then I will go back to working on the ripple variation.  It is really turning out nicely, may have to post it as my first sale item in my Etsy shop.

That is all I do for now, need to go eat and rest a while.  Thanks for stopping in, come back soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment