Friday, March 9, 2012

Friday - Finally!

It is Friday, finally.  That means a week end and a couple of days off coming up.  Today I have Mr. M and daughter J is home sick.  Oldest son C, Mr. M's dad is home sick as well, so must be something going around.  Hubby is also on his Friday off.  I will have to wait and see how this day rolls, I have so much to catch up on around the house this week end.  Most will have to be done on Sat. & Sun. when I don't have Mr. M to play with.

So, on to other things.  After a little over a month, I am finally finished with the UT afghan.
This was the first time I have ever made anything that involved so many color changes.  I kind of like the way it finished out, but then again I do not like the amount of fuzzy ends that pop up ever where from the color changes.  I plan to make another one, using a half double crochet or double crochet stitch instead of the single crochet and am going to use a little different color change method for the longhorn head as well.  Am also thinking that I may start and end each row to have some fringe on the sides.  I think grandson Mr. TK will like it though, he is 8 so I didn't make it as large as the pattern called for.  I hope he likes it any way.

On another crochet note, I was so surprised and flattered when Ravelry sent me a request to feature my photo of the cathedral window pot holder.  You can see it in the previous post and read more about it there.

Hubby fixed my oven.  Yahoo, Yippee, Hurrah.  I have been baking up a storm, casseroles and meat mainly, but I did make some muffins for breakfast yesterday.  I am so thankful to have my oven back.  Funny how something so little can really make your day.

Guess I better get going, I have a few things to take care of while Mr. M is taking a nap.  Never know just how long he will be down.  It is difficult to get an organized type of daily schedule going with him here, but am so wonderfully blessed to be taking care of him.

Thanks for stopping in and please come back again to visit.  Feel free to leave a comment, let's me know some one is reading this. LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment