Monday, September 24, 2012

Menu Plan Monday - 9/24

Well, best laid plans?  What a week, what a week end. I am trying to stay on track with my menu planning, and of course that means linking my post to Menu Plan Monday over at Organizing Junkie.  I really would recommend that you take a while and look over all the other post of menu plans as well. I love reading them and getting inspired and picking up great tips.

So...went camping over the week end.  I got sick, didn't even ride my quad any this time. I was able to sit in the cooler mountains, in the quite, while the rest of the family went out on a ride and got started working on a plan for a cooking session.  I want to get back to the OAMC and hope to do this in smaller batches, working up to cooking a whole month's worth of dishes in a weekend.  Then, in the middle of all this, I realize I have not figured out what we will be having this week.  I hate coming in after a week end, rushing to get cleaned up, something to eat, get some sleep and then run full out to start another week.  Hubby is off to work, but he informs me he has done something to his knee and needs help putting on his socks and shoes because he can't bend it.  Daughter has to be at school early because she has zero period and doesn't drive yet.  For those who don't know...zero period means that they are at school way early so that they can attend a class - a whole class period - before the actual school day starts. Then it is off to meet up with daughter-in-law to pick up Mister for the day. Not to mention that the house...once again...looks like a tornado ran through it from packing for the trip. I am behind on laundry, cleaning, and sorting through the rest of the boxes in our room.

That's how it goes around here, so this week is going to be simple cooking.  Here is what's cooking this week.
Mon. - Beef stroganoff, noodles, salad
Tue. - Out to eat for youngest son's birthday.  He turned 23 this past Friday, will be heading back to college this week.
Wed. - Fish, pea salad, corn fritters (from a very old recipe book)
Thu. - Sausage, potatoes, green beans
Fri. - Meatball soup
Sat. - Sandwiches
Sun. - Roast, mashed potatoes, green beans, rolls

No new recipes, except for the corn fritters...also known as corn oysters, fried corn...which is from a really old cookbook I have.  More about that in another post.  The rest of the dishes are either old stand by meals or pre-cooked from the store that I am trying to use up so I can have the space for meals from scratch that I have made ahead.  Bring in the OAMC strategy.

So, I am off to see what I can get done today.  Thanks for stopping in and please leave me a comment.  It is always nice to know that some one reads this once in a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment